Welcome to Judge Bender’s wedding page. Judge Bender is available to perform weddings on weekends at the King County Courthouse in Seattle and on weekdays at the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent.
You are invited to bring up to 40 guests, as well as photographers and videographers. Out of town guests can participate by facetime or skype. You may choose to simply sign your wedding paperwork, or to also have a ceremony. Judge Bender can provide the script for a civil ceremony, or you may bring your own personal vows.
On the day of your wedding, you will need the following:
- Two witnesses (these can be any of your guests, as long as they are over 18 years of age).
- Photo ID for you, your spouse, and your two witnesses.
- A valid marriage license obtained at least three days before the ceremony (more information on how to get your marriage license is available here).
- The packet of documents that you receive from the licensing office with your marriage license.
- Payment in cash (we cannot accept checks or credit cards for the balance due at your ceremony).
Please make sure you arrive at the courthouse at least 15 minutes before your scheduled ceremony time. We may not be able to serve you if you arrive late.
If you are not able to use this scheduling website for any reason, if you would like to schedule an off-site wedding, or if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Judge Bender’s bailiff, Nicole Huppert, here.
To begin, click on the date you want to get married from the calendar below. The cost will be displayed after you select the date. Next, click on the preferred time slot and proceed through the form. Please note that all weekday weddings (with the exception of holidays) must take place before 8:30 a.m. or after 4:30 p.m. We will charge your debit/credit card a nonrefundable fee to reserve your date and time.
Not seeing the availability you need? Check the availability of all of our judges in Seattle.